Thanks for your help cleaning up the wiki from that last little raft of cruft and spamming! --Benjamin Mako Hill 22:34, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
- I would definitely not mind receiving admin rights. :-) It would make the cleaning job easier. --Mormegil 05:37, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Media:Example.ogg== A bunch of antispam work ==
I've updated the antispam plugins on this wiki and several others seriously. You probably noticed the recent quiet. This was because we actually ran out of CAPTCHAs a week or so ago and were simply blocking most non-admin contributions. Whoops. I've tried to create a setup which will help this. In particular, I have:
- Installed The ConfirmEdit ReCaptcha plugin and set up the API key so that we're doing this. In the past, we ran out of FancyCaptchas so this should address this.
- I've installed the Bad Behavior extension which blocks IPs that are acting very suspiciously and providing impossible or implausible information.
- I've turned on two differently DNSBL DNS Blacklists which should block IPs which have reported to have spammed.
This is pretty aggressive. Do let me know if you hear that folks are having trouble contributing. I sure hope this keeps the volume of spam down.
need permissions to add new pages
Do you have administrator privileges to this wiki? I am trying to add new pages for CC-BY 4.0 and CC-BY-SA 4.0 but it is automatically disallowing because the pages have external links. Thanks, Tvol (talk) 20:08, 19 November 2014 (EST)
- Oh, yes, sorry for that, but the amount of botspam this wiki otherwise gets is ridiculous... I added an exception for editing the “Licenses/” pages, and the whole filter should stop applying to you as soon as you make a few edits. Also, I have created your userpage with the content you tried to place there. --Mormegil (talk) 02:55, 20 November 2014 (EST)
thanks again for your help.
I have completed the translation of Definition/Mr
Status : Marathi (translation done, needs proofreading, copyediting etc.)
pl do the next needful things.
I am ID :2421. I wright my page. But User:Erik wright on my py page. Pleese help me. I can litte wright Englidhi. Sorry.Thank you.--] (talk) 05:08, 2 February 2016 (EST)