Difference between revisions of "Portal talk:Role-playing games"
(Revision as of 00:02, 5 May 2009 by Angela Beesley)
m (Protected "Portal talk:Role-playing games": often vandalism/test edits [edit=autoconfirmed:move=autoconfirmed])
Revision as of 23:12, 8 May 2009
Separated previous contribution into a separate section, instead of being italicised.
Also there seems to be scope to add further hyperlinks to other sections of freedomdefined.org and/or external sites, I haven't pursued this as yet.
--Mercury Merlin 00:30, 10 November 2006 (CET)
This is NC and so is not free by the site's definition. I've deleted the link. If the game moves to a Free licence it should be reinstated -
- Icosahedral RPG the license should be valid for Free Cultural Works but discuss modifications first or make your own copy to modify however you want to, don't edit it directly on the wiki without permission.
- The default license for that wiki is NC, but Icosahedral doesn't use the default license. The Icosahedral RPG license is available at: Talk:Icosahedral. It is semi-copyleft, in that copyleft only applies to parts having to do with game rules, other parts (such as "fluff", for example a description of what elves like to do in their spare time, but nothing to do with game rules) are non-copyleft, although if it is included in the standard Icosahedral document it is still free. It is even explicitly compatible with the GNU GPL v3 (allows you to convert to GNU GPL v3), in order to ensure that it is a free license. However, please make your own copy of the Icosahedral rules if you want to make drastic changes to the Icosahedral rules. --184.108.40.206 00:43, 6 January 2009 (EST)
- Now at the bottom of every page it says "This page is protected by the following license: Icosahedral RPG License" which overrides the default license for the wiki. Tell me if you think this is a free license. If it is, reinstate the link --220.127.116.11 20:55, 7 January 2009 (EST)
I assume that the Open Gaming License is not free under the Freedom Defined definition because of the "Product Identity" clauses that allow arbitrary words, phrases, images and sections of the work to be declared non-free.
Would it be possible to come up with a policy for ensuring that games under the OGL are free similar to Wikipedia and Debian's policy on the FDL? FDL immutable sections are similar to product identity. Or does this concede too much?
Either way it would be good to discuss the OGL here as it predates the CC licences as an example of effective alternative licensing for non-software works. It is also a very interesting case study in how a Free(-ish) license can not only balance social and corporate objectives but make them mutually beneficial. --Rob Myers 14:20, 10 August 2007 (CEST)
- I think "Product Identity" doesn't make it non-free if the "Product Identity" parts are limited to only trademarked phrases and stuff like that. But if sections are "Product Identity" then it really is non-free and shouldn't be listed here. --18.104.22.168 19:59, 20 December 2008 (EST)
- It's a difficult one because trademarked phrases would be covered by trademark law anyway. --Rob Myers
Are you rapid for summer?
Planning on vacation alprompt? I bet no Mexico new zealand urban area for you? lol craving that Swine flu disposition be for gladly!
Vsem zdras'te! Nemnogo posmeyat'sya pomogayu
Thank you for this article. Now this article in my rss reader. FerArorie
Swine flu renamed?
Did you guyes finish eating prok because of the flu? I am not a pork fiend but Bacon is calculate one thing in my freezer!
It was frightening! Thanks
I enjoyed the web! well-disposed job admins! It takes some use belief me I skilled in
Need to download XRumer 5.0 for free!
Hi, my friends!! I want to download software pack XRUMER 5.07 Palladium for free. Have you any download link? I'm so need this magic program! It's can break captchas automatically! Activate accounts via email automatically too! Absolutely great software! Help me! And did you hear news - price for XRumer 5.0 Palladium will grow up to $540 after 15 may 2009... And XRumer 2.9 and 3.0 - too old versions, it's cant break modern catpchas and cant break modern anti-bot protections. But XRumer 5.0 Palladium CAN!!!! So help me for download this great program for free! Thanks!