Sites which host free as well as non-free works
There are sites or portals which host free as well as non-free works (e.g. non-commercial works). It is the "Creative Commons disease", because the basic principle of these sites is often "you can publish your works here under any of the CC licenses or any other similar license". Shall we:
- list these sites on a specific page?
- list these sites on the same page as sites hosting only free works, but with a very big warning?
- list only the sites which offer a functionality to specifically display free works (and link directly to this functionality)?
- not list them at all?
--Antoine 14:51, 4 May 2006 (CEST)
- I think they should be listed on the main portal, but in a separate section/box/whatever.--Erik Möller 18:50, 4 May 2006 (CEST)
- If a site provides free content, then it should be listed, however, I think that a warning box that indicates that the site provides mixed content is appropriate. Also, the site should of course clearly indicate which content is free and which isn't.--Marcus 11:17, 7 July 2006 (CEST)
Free Cultural Search Portal