Jump to navigation Jump to search
What do we mean by Role-playing game?
Here, by Role-playing game we mean pen-and-paper table top RPGs and wargames, not computer based role-playing games, which would be classed as software.
Why should we have free content Role-playing games?
It's a good question and here are some of our favourite answers:
- Everybody can make as many copies of the game as they like, to give to their players, friends, to publish or even to sell.
- Everybody can publish whatever changes or modifications to the game they like, including adding their own houserules.
- Everybody can get a copy of the original document so making their own changes and modifications is no problem.
- Everybody can copy material from the game for use in their own games, supplements, player handouts, fan sites, etc.
- Anyone can incorporate rules and content from the game into their own free software programs to create anything from character creation tools to computer roleplaying games.
- With free content, no game need ever go out-of-print. Anyone, including other publishers, can simply pick up the pieces and start republishing the game.
- No more figuring out which parts of a game are "open" or "closed": everything is open!