Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notes for next version:
- More recent commercial uses of Wikipedia: WikiReader, Bing/Powerset, Freebase, WikiPock, iPad/iPhone apps, PediaPress, etc.
- Commercial use as innovation driver
- Recap CBC incident
- Even public benefit organizations often have commercial or borderline use cases they need to consider
- NC license here triggered even avoidance of CC in general!
- Brief recap of ND license and its unintended consequences, give example of ND use by FSF
- Reference http://robmyers.org/weblog/2008/07/the-emerging-nc-consensus.html and related writingsiki
- Incorporate findings from CC's NC study -- "there is more uncertainty than clarity around whether specific uses of online content are commercial or noncommercial", http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Defining_Noncommercial
- Review http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Licensing/Justifications and http://www.appropedia.org/Non-commercial_licenses_vs_free_licenses to see if anything is worth incorporating here
- Possibly study recent switch by CK12 to NC license
- Point out some of the internal conflicts in the WP community about the issue, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2010-05-31/Photography