The word "libre" is in danger of being diluted
see for example the thread "[okfn-discuss] Problems of nomenclature" at http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-discuss/2012-March/thread.html which led to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libre.
Diluting the term will eliminate its advantages:
- "libre" disambiguates "free as in freedom" from "free as in beer" (gratis)
- "libre" is used extensively in free/libre and open source software (FLOSS) and free/libre and open knowledge contexts to emphasise the freedom perspective.
This is not intended as a "fork".
- Say Libre
- Declaration on Libre Knowledge
- Libre Knowledge on Wikipedia
- Libre Knowledge on WikiEducator
K 15:51, 4 March 2012 (EST)
- Work the word "libre" into the Free Cultural Works Definition making its meaning clear (free as in freedom as defined here). - K 15:51, 4 March 2012 (EST)