From Definition of Free Cultural Works
Free Software directories and repositories
- The Free Software Directory is a project of the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Its aim is to "catalog useful free software that runs under free operating systems — particularly the GNU operating system and its GNU/Linux variants".
- There are verious project hosting services open to all Free Software developers, which host projects under recognized Free Software or Open Source licenses. See for example Savannah, Berlios.de, SourceForge, Gna!, TuxFamily.
Free Software Advocacy
- The Free Software Foundation has a worldwide mission to promote computer user freedom and to defend the rights of all free software users.
- TryGNULinux aims to provide free support to free software users.
Software for spreading your works
- Plumi to roll your own video sharing site